- International Civil Aviation Day 2023: Date, theme, history and meaning
- Richa & Ali’s ‘Girls will be Girls’ to Premiere at Sundance 2024!
- From Karan Kundrra to Tinna Datta, Munawar Faruqui receives star-studded support in Bigg Boss 17
- Five producers who created cinematic waves in 2023
- Veer Savarkar Portrait Controversy
- PL Sector Report: Retail - Sector Update – D’Mart Ready sustains competitive advantage
- Supreme Court dismisses plea seeking directions for implementation of internet shutdown guidelines
- Raje credits PM Modi for BJP's victory in Rajasthan, MP & Chhattisgarh
- Arunachal has huge hydropower potential, it can be game-changer for revenue-starved state: CM
- US asks Israel not to respond to attacks from Iran-backed Houthis
Officials told to meet Haritha Haram targets
District Collector Rajiv Gandhi Hanumanthu directed the officials to lay special attention on the management of nurseries established as part of Haritha Haram programme.
Collector interacted with the labourers carrying out NREGS works at Abhangapatnam, enquired about their average daily wages. He sought details about the scheme implementation from the officials and made some suggestions. He said that employment should be provided to prevent the migration of rural laborers as the agricultural season is about to end. He examined the state of plants and instructed the officials to the Telangana state tree Jammichettu(Prosopis Cineraria) saplings. He urged that the targets set under the Haritha Haram be met and steps taken to protect the plants.
Later, the Collector inspected the development works of Mana Ooru-Mana Badiat Zilla Parishad Boys' High School and Urdu Medium Schools in Navipetmandal headquarters. Zilla Parishad Chairman DadannagariVitthal Rao accompanied him. Officials were asked to ensure that the bills are paid on time. DRDO Chander, DEO Durgaprasad, MPDO Sajid Ali, Tehsildar Veer Singh and local representatives were present.