- Grand opening of Interwood’s 16th Exclusive Brand outlet at Hyderabad
- Rakesh Sharma Director of ITV Group elected as new president of INS
- Asian Games: India stun Korea for historic maiden entry in men's team badminton final
- Asian Games: India thrash Pakistan 10-2, hand archrivals biggest defeat ever
- Hockey Association of Odisha beat Hockey Jharkhand in Sub-Junior men, women finals
- Day after alleged manhandling, model turned actress Archana Gautam suspended from Congress
- Asian Games: Indian Men's Hockey Team stuns Pakistan, picks dominant 10-2 win
- Foreign intelligence agency involved in terror incidents in Pak, claims Minister
- Tribal party sponsored 12-hour bandh hits normal life in Tripura’s tribal areas
- US misses the 'bigger picture' on row with Canada, says Jaishankar
Hyderabad: Newborn girl's body found in Shamirpet lake
A newborn girl's body was found here at Shamirpet lake on the city outskirts on Saturday.
A newborn girl's body was found here at Shamirpet lake on the city outskirts on Saturday. The police said that the newborn girl, aged around six months, was suspected to have been dumped by her parents.
The police are trying to ascertain if the baby was thrown into the lake alive or her body dumped after she died. The incident is suspected to have occurred about three days ago. Locals who noticed the body floating on the water alerted the Shamirpet police who rushed to the place and recovered the body.
The body was sent to a hospital for autopsy. They registered a case and launched an investigation. The police are verifying the CCTV footage to know if the girl was thrown by her parents.