- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
CM, govt working for farmers' welfare: Harish
Releases water from Ranganayatsagar reservoir left canal
Siddipet: Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao and the BRS government are working with the sole motive of ensuring farmers' welfare, Finance Minister T Harish Rao said here on Tuesday after releasing water from Ranganayatsagar reservoir left canal on the outskirts of the town, along with ZP chairperson Roja Sharma.
He stated that 512 cusecs would be released into water bodies in villages of Narayanaraopet, Chinnakodur mandals, to benefit farmers of four villages in Narayanaraopet mandal. With water reaching 41 water bodies an ayacut of 2,840 acre would be irrigated.
The minister revealed that with the completion of the main canal, distributor canal, minor canal and sub-minor canal under the left canal a total of 70,000 acres would be irrigated. He said the water was released as desired by farmers of several villages.