- BJP opposes Nawab Malik’s entry to Ajit Pawar-led breakaway NCP
- Margashirsha Amavasya 2023: Date, Timing And Rituals To Be Followed
- Armed Forces Flag Day 2023: History, celebrations and how to contribute
- SAT sets aside SEBI order restraining IIFL Securities from taking new clients
- PL Stock Report: NOCIL (NOCIL IN) - Company Update – Near term challenges persist - Downgrade to 'Reduce'
- International Civil Aviation Day 2023: Date, theme, history and meaning
- Richa & Ali’s ‘Girls will be Girls’ to Premiere at Sundance 2024!
- From Karan Kundrra to Tinna Datta, Munawar Faruqui receives star-studded support in Bigg Boss 17
- Five producers who created cinematic waves in 2023
- Veer Savarkar Portrait Controversy
Tamil Nadu extends deadline for linking Aadhaar to electricity consumer number
Tamil Nadu Electricity Minister Senthil Balaji on Tuesday said that the government has extended the last date for linking Aadhaar to electricity consumer to February 15 from the earlier deadline was January 31
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Electricity Minister Senthil Balaji on Tuesday said that the government has extended the last date for linking Aadhaar to electricity consumer to February 15 from the earlier deadline was January 31.
The Tamil Nadu government has made it mandatory for consumers to link their Aadhaar card with the electricity consumer numbers to avail of subsidy for the first 100 units of power consumed.
At a press conference after an interaction with top- officers of the Tamil Nadu electricity board, Balaji said that this would be the last extension of the deadline as only 9 per cent of consumers are to link Aadhaar cards with electricity consumer numbers.
He said that of the 2.67 crore electricity consumers in the state, 2.42 crore have already linked their Aadhaar number with the electricity number. The minister said that these consumers include domestic, huts, agricultural, handloom, and power loom weavers.
The minister said that among the 2.17 crore domestic consumers, only 15 lakh are to link their Aadhaar with the electricity numbers. Balaji said that the biggest backlog was in the linking of Aadhar details of those with hut connections. Among this category of the 9.44 lakh consumers, only 5.11 lakh consumers have linked Aadhaar with electricity consumer numbers.