- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Real Kashmir, Aizawl share spoils in draw
Real Kashmir FC were held goalless by Aizawl FC in the I-League 2023-24 at the TRC Turf Ground here on Saturday.
Srinagar : Real Kashmir FC were held goalless by Aizawl FC in the I-League 2023-24 at the TRC Turf Ground here on Saturday. It was only the second goalless fixture of the season so far, and the first draw for Real Kashmir. The Snow Leopards have netted eight goals in their last two matches but were unable to find a way past a resilient Aizawl side, which picked up its first clean sheet of the season.
Although they had to settle for a point, the match highlighted Real Kashmir’s solid defensive form as they kept their fifth clean sheet in seven matches. With only four goals conceded so far, Ishfaq Ahmed’s side boasts the joint-best defensive record in the league alongside Mohammedan Sporting.
Aizawl were led by their in-form young forward Lalrinzuala, who has netted six goals this season, including three in the last two matches, but was unable to repeat that on the cool afternoon in Srinagar. In the second half, Real Kashmir brought in attacking reinforcements in the form of Ateeb Dar and Mohamad Maksoud but to no avail.
With the draw, Real Kashmir remained in third spot with 13 points from seven matches. Aizawl moved up a place to sixth, with 11 points from seven games.