- Odisha Speaker suspends two BJP lawmakers who flung pulses in house
- Men’s ODI World Cup: New seats, rebranded restrooms at the forefront of upgrades in Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Study finds link between Covid-19 mutations and high immune responses
- Creatine supplements may help people with long Covid
- Delhi: 78th train departs for Ayodhya under Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra scheme
- CDIL’s new packaging line in Mohali another push to India’s chip journey: MoS IT
- 2 BJP MLAs throw pulses at Odisha Speaker, suspended till end of session
- Asian Games: Indian men's football team bow out in pre-quarters after 0-2 loss to Saudi Arabia
- Lalu Prasad supports Manoj Jha over ‘Thakur’ poem controversy
- Ujjain minor girl rape case: Main accused arrested; tries to flee
National Motorcycle Drag Racing: Mohammed Arfath emerges fastest; Fazil, Shaik emerge on top
Bengaluru riders dominated the second round of the MMSC fmsci Indian National Motorcycle Drag Racing Championship 2023, which was truncated to just five races due to incessant rains at the Madras International Circuit here on Sunday.
Chennai: Bengaluru riders dominated the second round of the MMSC fmsci Indian National Motorcycle Drag Racing Championship 2023, which was truncated to just five races due to incessant rains at the Madras International Circuit here on Sunday.
Mohammed Arfath was the fastest rider of the day as he headed a podium sweep by Bengaluru riders while winning the 2-Stroke 131-165cc Super Sport category outpacing Mustafa Siraj Khan and Abdul Shaik.
Another Bengalurian, Mohammed Fazil won the 4-Stroke 165cc Super Sport Indian class ahead of Chennai’s Aravind Ganesh and Arfath.
Abdul Shaik topped the Super Sport 2-stroke 130cc category with Arfath and R Sirajuddin (Chennai) completing the podium in that order.
Chennai’s Jagathishree (One Racing) spared three-tenths to Lani Zena (RACR Castrol Power1) from Puducherry with Soundari A (AS Motorsport) finishing third in the Girls (Novice, 165cc) category.
Results (all 4-Stroke unless mentioned):
165cc Super Sport Indian: 1. Mohammed Fazil (Bengaluru) (14.327s); Aravind Ganesh (Chennai) (14.335s); 3. Mohammed Arfath (Bengaluru) (14.482s)
Girls (Novice, 165cc): 1. Jagathishree (Chennai, One Racing) (16.650s); 2. Lani Zena (Puducherry, RACR Castrol Power1) (16.920s); 3. Soundari A (Chennai, AS Motorsports) (16.949s).
Support Race – 165-225cc: 1. Balasubramaniam R (Chennai) (14.054s); 2. Badusha M (Chennai) (14.484s); 3. Madhan Kumar R (Trichy) (15.037s).
2-Stroke 165cc Super Sport: 1. Mohammed Arfath (Bengaluru) (13.187s); 2. Mustafa Siraj Khan (Bengaluru) (13.268s); 3. Abdul Shaik (Bengaluru) (13.283).
2-Stroke Up to 130cc: 1. Abdul Shaik (Bengaluru) (13.438s); 2. Mohammed Arfath (Bengaluru) (13.715s); 3. R Sirajuddin (Chennai) (14.140s).