- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Uttrakhand Gets Its First Vande Bharat Express Train
- The first semi-high-speed Vande Bharat Express train in Uttarakhand, which runs from Dehradun to New Delhi, was essentially flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Vande Bharat train, India's 17th and the first ever to operate through Uttarakhand, will make its inaugural run from Dehradun to the Anand Vihar terminal in Delhi.
As part of his plan to develop more environmentally friendly modes of public transport and electrify train lines across the nation, PM Modi will also dedicate the freshly electrified rail line sections. As a result, the state's entire rail route will be entirely electrified.
The Vande Bharat train, India's 17th and the first ever to operate through Uttarakhand, will make its inaugural run from Dehradun to the Anand Vihar terminal in Delhi. The train is outfitted with top-notch amenities, which, according to an official statement from the Prime Minister's Office (PMO), will usher in a new era of luxurious travel, particularly for visitors to the state. The train was produced domestically and contains Kavach technology and other cutting-edge safety features.
The regular operations of the Delhi-Dehradun Vande Bharat Express will start on May 29, according to IRCTC. In four hours and 45 minutes, the train will travel 302 kilometres. It will be open every day but Wednesday, six days a week. The first Vande Bharat for the state will leave Dehradun at 7:00 am and arrive at the Anand Vihar terminal in Delhi at 11:45 am. The second Vande Bharat will leave Anand Vihar at 05:50 pm and arrive in Dehradun at 10:35 pm. It would make stops in Meerut City, Muzaffarnagar, Saharanpur, Roorkee, and Haridwar while travelling.