- Gang leaders take charge in next task on ‘Roadies’
- Shehnaz Gill shares relationship advice with ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’ contestant: ‘Move on, therapy le le’
- 'IBD 3' winner Samarpan Lama: Would love to choreograph Siddharth Malhotra, Tom Holland
- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
Rajesh Bhushan takes charge as Health Ministry Secretary
Senior IAS officer Rajesh Bhushan took charge as the Secretary of the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare succeeding Preeti Sudan, whose tenure came to an end on Friday.
Bhushan is a 1987 batch Bihar cadre officer and was earlier handling the responsibility of Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the same ministry.
The ministry said in a statement, "Rajesh Bhushan took charge as Secretary, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, on superannuation of Preeti Sudan at Nirman Bhawan today."
Sudan's superannuation was scheduled in April but she was given a three-month extension due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Shri Rajesh Bhushan, IAS (Bihar: 1987) took charge as Secretary, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on superannuation of Ms. Preeti Sudan, at Nirman Bhawan today.@PMOIndia @drharshvardhan @AshwiniKChoubey @PIB_India @DDNewslive @airnewsalerts @PTI_News @ANI @ICMRDELHI pic.twitter.com/Fdf4m0dKy3— Ministry of Health (@MoHFW_INDIA) July 31, 2020