- Microsoft offers paid subscription to Windows 10 users after support ends in 2025
- Indian Ambassador in Qatar met 8 ex-Navy personnel on death row on Dec 3
- Markets take a breather before RBI policy announcement
- Investment in Pakistan women’s team is showing as not many teams have beaten New Zealand at home: Katey Martin
- Light therapy may improve symptoms of Alzheimer's disease: Study
- Climate change impacting migratory animals: UN report at COP28 summit
- IDF announces death of soldier in Gaza fighting, takes ground op toll to 87
- ED files 1st charge sheet against Vivo India & others in money laundering case
- Punjab to open 100 more Aam Aadmi clinics: Bhagwant Mann
- Breather for former Kerala FM Thomas Isaac as Kerala HC stays interim order
Man Sentenced For 40 Years In Kerala Court For Allegedly Raping His Stepdaughter
- A shocking and tragic crime came into light when court in Kerala has sentenced a man to a total of 40 years in jail for raping and impregnating his stepdaughter when she was 15 years old in 2017.
- Special Public Prosecutor (SPP) Shijo Mon Joseph claimed that because the various prison sentences must be completed concurrently.
According to the prosecutor, the defendant even coerced the stepdaughter into having an abortion, and the victim and her mother became combative in the middle of the trial. He added that the accused was found guilty based on objective and circumstantial evidence.
The prosecutor explained the reason that why his imprisonment was reduced. He explained that the offender was only sentenced 10 years in prison for the offences of penetrative and aggravated sexual assault on his stepdaughter since they occurred in 2017, before the POCSO Act was revised. He added that these offences now have a minimum sentence of 20 years when the Act was revised in 2019.
Meanwhile, thecourt also ordered the offender to pay a fine of Rs. 1 lakh and ordered the district legal service authority to pay Rs. 50,000 for the victim's rehabilitation