- ‘Etthukelli Povalanipisthunde’from ‘Naa Saami Ranga’ is a peppy melody
- Sourav Ganguly to formalise deal as brand ambassador of Tripura Tourism on Dec 11
- COP28: Industry transition challenges continue, says India
- Deficient monsoons: Cloud seeding may not work now
- Punjab CM launches ‘Bhagwant Mann Sarkar, Tuhade Dwaar’ scheme
- Kumaraswamy Makes Startling Claims
- PM Modi to launch ‘Viksit Bharat 2047’ on Monday
- Delhi excise policy case: SC to hear plea filed by AAP leader Sanjay Singh on Monday
- Alliance University's convocation 2023 marks academic triumph
- Notepad gets character count in latest Windows 11 update
Lalu Prasad supports Manoj Jha over ‘Thakur’ poem controversy
Amid uproar over ‘Thakur’ poetry, RJD President Lalu Prasad Yadav on Thursday came in support of his party’s Rajya Sabha MP Manoj Jha, saying that he has not given any wrong statements against any caste.
Patna: Amid uproar over ‘Thakur’ poetry, RJD President Lalu Prasad Yadav on Thursday came in support of his party’s Rajya Sabha MP Manoj Jha, saying that he has not given any wrong statements against any caste.
“Manoj Jha is a learned person. He has not given any such statement which is objectionable. Jha poem has not hurt any caste or community. He has not targeted anyone. He has pointed out the right things in public,” Lalu Prasad said while launching the book named “Sadak Se Sansad Tak” of his old friend and socialist leader Shivanand Tiwari in Patna.
“Shivanand Tiwari is a fearless person who is never scared of anyone. He was born in an upper caste family but he always became a voice of minority, and of deprived sections of society,” Lalu Prasad said.
He said that he and Bihar Chief Minister had separated in the past but now are united. “The communal forces are dictating terms in the country. They are trying to change the constitution of the country which is not a right thing,” Lalu Prasad said.