- Congress questions secular credentials of JD(S) following its alliance with BJP
- Bidhuri remarks row: Ali calls it 'hate speech', says could quit House if action not taken; Oppn rallies behind BSP MP
- Volume growth returning, rural demand seeing green shoots: Procter & Gamble
- Large number of valuable monuments not under any protection: Parliamentary panel
- Eight-year-old Indian-origin girl makes UK medical history By Aditi Khanna
- PM Modi to flag off two Vande Bharat Express trains of South Central Railway on Sep 24
- AAP Sanjay Singh demands action against BJP MP Ramesh Bidhuri for his dirty statement given in Parliament
- 'Safety is Air India's top priority', says CEO after DGCA suspends Chief of Flight Safety
- BJP's gets annoyed with Rahul during Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defense
- Never in history of Parliament words were used against minority community member: Adhir to Om Birla
6 platoons of police to be deployed during Thakurani Yatra
Six platoons of police force would be deployed for the biennial Thakurani Yatra here from April 4 to May 1.
A total of 112 pieces of wood, including 48 poles, are being used for the temporary abode of Buddhi Thakurani in front of the house of Desi Behera P Durga Prasad in Desi Behera Sahi. Bamboo for the temporary abode was brought from Bikashpur, situated on the foothills of Kalua Hills. 'Chabuka' wood was brought from Narendrapur and 'Salapa' branches from Kalua hills.
A 120 feet long, 40 feet wide and 14.6 feet high tent would be constructed from 'Dharmajhanda' to 'Gud Bazaar'. It is being constructed by Budhia Maharana of Harihar Nagar in Gosaninuagaon and supported by 12 carpenters and six labourers for the last 40 years. The male members of these families engage themselves in the construction work without taking any wages. Forty years ago, the labour charge was Rs 3 and now it is Rs 650 per day, said Budhia Maharana. The masons and labourers started the construction work of the temporary abode on Thursday.