- ‘Etthukelli Povalanipisthunde’from ‘Naa Saami Ranga’ is a peppy melody
- Sourav Ganguly to formalise deal as brand ambassador of Tripura Tourism on Dec 11
- COP28: Industry transition challenges continue, says India
- Deficient monsoons: Cloud seeding may not work now
- Punjab CM launches ‘Bhagwant Mann Sarkar, Tuhade Dwaar’ scheme
- Kumaraswamy Makes Startling Claims
- PM Modi to launch ‘Viksit Bharat 2047’ on Monday
- Delhi excise policy case: SC to hear plea filed by AAP leader Sanjay Singh on Monday
- Alliance University's convocation 2023 marks academic triumph
- Notepad gets character count in latest Windows 11 update
2 BJP MLAs throw pulses at Odisha Speaker, suspended till end of session
Odisha Assembly Speaker Pramila Mallik on Thursday suspended two BJP MLAs, Mohan Charan Majhi and Mukesh Mahaling, for allegedly throwing pulses at the Speaker’s podium
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Assembly Speaker Pramila Mallik on Thursday suspended two BJP MLAs, Mohan Charan Majhi and Mukesh Mahaling, for allegedly throwing pulses at the Speaker’s podium. The two BJP MLAs were suspended from the Assembly till the end of the current session on October 4.
The BJP members were protesting against the remark of a ruling BJD MLA who urged the Opposition members to come to the House with good “mental health”.
The statement was made by Nayagarh MLA Arun Kumar Sahoo, who came down heavily on the Leader of Opposition (LoP), Jayanarayan Mishra of BJP, and Congress Legislature Party leader Narasingha Mishra, after the Opposition targeted Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik’s private secretary and 5T secretary without taking the officer’s name.
He said there seems to be some “mental health disorder” and requested all to come to the House in a good mental health condition.