- Quad ministerial meeting calls for comprehensive approach to fight terrorism
- Congress questions secular credentials of JD(S) following its alliance with BJP
- Bidhuri remarks row: Ali calls it 'hate speech', says could quit House if action not taken; Oppn rallies behind BSP MP
- Volume growth returning, rural demand seeing green shoots: Procter & Gamble
- Large number of valuable monuments not under any protection: Parliamentary panel
- Eight-year-old Indian-origin girl makes UK medical history By Aditi Khanna
- PM Modi to flag off two Vande Bharat Express trains of South Central Railway on Sep 24
- AAP Sanjay Singh demands action against BJP MP Ramesh Bidhuri for his dirty statement given in Parliament
- 'Safety is Air India's top priority', says CEO after DGCA suspends Chief of Flight Safety
- BJP's gets annoyed with Rahul during Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defense
13 jail inmates dance their way into final
Their hard life in jail could not prevent their talents from blooming. Imprisonment was not a hurdle in their hobbies.
Interestingly, the dance was choreographed and performed by the prisoners itself. Dressed in white shirts and red neck ties, they danced to the tune of the famous song 'Kashmir Main, Tu Kanyakumari' from the blockbuster 'Chennai Express' starring Shah Rukh Khan.
"We went ahead with the practice for only 3 to 4 days after the permission of the DG Jails. The dance video was uploaded in the channel and it was a joyous moment for all the staff and inmates of the jail after we came to know that our inmates are in the final round," said Dhirendranath Barik, Superintendent, Berhampur Circle Jail. Their coordination, moves, choreography and perfect timing are brilliant, he said. It is a great achievement as this success could bring in great changes in their future course of life, said Barik.
Berhampur Circle Jail is one of the oldest jails in Odisha which was established in 1863 during the British era. The gallows, which is functional, is situated adjacent to the perimeter wall of this jail. The main objective of this jail is treatment of mentally ill patients and bring them back to the mainstream of society. Several reformative works have been undertaken to bring back the wrongdoers to the mainstream of the society.