- Eluru Jana Sena leader Appalanaidu pacifies cadre
- YSRCP cadre hold bike rally in Kakinada in support of Chalamalashetty Sunil
- YSRCP cadre receives CMRF funds
- TDP calls for success of Ra Kadali Ra meeting in Penukonda tomorrow
- Rashmika Mandanna fulfills longtime dream with enchanting visit to Japan
- PM Modi to launch projects worth Rs 62,000cr in Telangana
- Retired Tamil Nadu professor to walk on foot for clean electoral system
- IIT-K chosen as nodal institute for Phase 4 of Yuva Sangam
- Shehbaz Sharif - the only Pak politician to be elected PM for second consecutive term
- KCR meets Karimnagar and Peddapalli leaders, finalises Lok Sabha candidates
Tirupati: 31 red sanders logs worth 1 cr seized, 1 held
In a major operation, police seized Rs 1 crore worth of 31 red sanders logs, two motorcycles and two cars at Yerravaripalem area of the Bhakarapet circle in the west subdivision in Tirupati district on Saturday.
The police took up vehicle inspection during which they could nab a smuggler belonging to the international smugglers gang into custody while five others escaped. Speaking on the occasion, Tirupati SP P Parameswar Reddy said that the police are dealing with smugglers stringently to prevent smuggling of red sanders.
The arrested was identified as Shaikh Shafiullah (39) while five others managed to escape were identified as Gopinathpethi Naidu (38), D Anandan (60), Gajendran (36), Anumuthu (30) and Krishna Dev. These smugglers were involved in many incidents of red sanders smuggling from Seshachalm forest and several cases were registered on them at different police stations. Additional SPs Venkata Rao, Kulasekhar, Vimala Kumari, DSP Narasappa and others were present.