- Second consecutive victory for the Telugu Talons as they edge past Golden Eagles Uttar Pradesh
- 21-year-old youth found dead inside car in Delhi
- Asmi Jain's work exemplifies Indian iOS developers' creativity: Tim Cook
- Army to procure high bandwidth backhaul wireless 'Tactical LAN Radio'
- ED raids 27 locations in Rajasthan in paper leak case
- CBI Creates Special Team To Look Into The Violence In Manipur
- Arvind Kejriwal moves Gujarat HC seeking review of its order on PM's degree
- Rupee rises 4 paise against US dollar
- BJP and Congress destroyed Singareni, flays CM KCR
- Implement employee-specific Cabinet decisions in 2 months: AP CM tells officials
11-member ganja smuggling gang held
Police on Friday conducted raids across the district and arrested an 11-member inter-district ganja smuggling gang and seized 23.95 kg contraband, 2 motorcycles and 7 mobile phones from them.
Addressing press conference here, Superintendent of Police KKN Anburajan said the accused have developed acquaintance with the inter-state smugglers in North Andhra districts and importing the contraband in different methods. He said the accused have setup some pockets in the urban area and selling the banned ganja to local sellers. The SP stated that police identified the persons, who were addicted to contraband and shifted them to rehabilitation centres for treatment. The SP said that police have intensified the searches and closely monitoring the movement of suspects. The SP sought people's cooperation in preventing the ganja smuggling in the district. ASPs Tushar Dudi, Prena Kumar, DSPs Chenchu Babu, S R Vamsidhar Gowd and SB Inspector Raja Prabhakar were present.