- 'IBD 3' winner Samarpan Lama: Would love to choreograph Siddharth Malhotra, Tom Holland
- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
Balagam Singer Mogilaiah gets car under Dalit Bandhu scheme
The KCR Government is committed to support the Dalits, Minister for Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Errabelli Dayakar Rao said.
Warangal: The KCR Government is committed to support the Dalits, Minister for Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Errabelli Dayakar Rao said. Handing over a car to singers Pastham Mogilaiah and his wife Komuramma under the Dalit Bandhu scheme here on Wednesday, Errabelli said that the aim of the BRS government is to empower the Dalits.
“The government will cover all the Dalit families in the State under the Dalit Bandhu scheme within three years to ensure their livelihood,” Errabelli said. Dalit Bandhu is one such scheme that no other State in the country had thought of, the minister said, heaping praise on the Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao.
The Mogilaiah couple caught the imagination of one and all by their song in the Balagam movie. The government is bearing the medical expenses of Mogilaiah who is suffering from kidney failure, Errabelli said. It’s learnt that Mogilaiah’s son Sudarshan, who works as a driver, will now own a car and run it for livelihood. Later, the Mogilaiah couple thanked the Chief Minister for his support especially when they are facing many problems including financial.
TS Planning Commission vice-chairman Boinpally Vinod Kumar, Narsampet MLA Peddi Sudarshan Reddy, Wardhannapet MLA Aroori Ramesh, Beda Budaga Jangala JACT chairman T Jagadeeshwar, vice-chairman Chintala Yadagiri, Chintala Dasaratham, V Narasimhulu, T Ramadasu, P Madhu, Gopal and Bikshapathi were among others present.