- Odisha Speaker suspends two BJP lawmakers who flung pulses in house
- Men’s ODI World Cup: New seats, rebranded restrooms at the forefront of upgrades in Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Study finds link between Covid-19 mutations and high immune responses
- Creatine supplements may help people with long Covid
- Delhi: 78th train departs for Ayodhya under Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra scheme
- CDIL’s new packaging line in Mohali another push to India’s chip journey: MoS IT
- 2 BJP MLAs throw pulses at Odisha Speaker, suspended till end of session
- Asian Games: Indian men's football team bow out in pre-quarters after 0-2 loss to Saudi Arabia
- Lalu Prasad supports Manoj Jha over ‘Thakur’ poem controversy
- Ujjain minor girl rape case: Main accused arrested; tries to flee
Srikakulam: Man gets 20-year jail for raping minor girl
Srikakulam: K Simhachalam of Ganduvalasa village in Jalumuru mandal was sentenced to 20 years imprisonment for raping a minor girl.First additional...
Srikakulam: K Simhachalam of Ganduvalasa village in Jalumuru mandal was sentenced to 20 years imprisonment for raping a minor girl.
First additional district judge court in Srikakulam pronounced the judgment on Tuesday. According to details provided by the
prosecution, the accused raped a minor girl of the same village on the night of June 5, 2021. Later the parents of the victim lodged a complaint with the Jalumuru police and they registered a case against the accused under Sections-363 and 376 (AB) of the IPC and also under section 5 (m) and read with section 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
Police collected evidence and filed the charge-sheet against the accused. After the completion of the trial of the case, First additional district judge court in Srikakulam sentenced the accused to 20 years imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 6,000 on him.