- From Karan Kundrra to Tinna Datta, Munawar Faruqui receives star-studded support in Bigg Boss 17
- Five producers who created cinematic waves in 2023
- Veer Savarkar Portrait Controversy
- PL Sector Report: Retail - Sector Update – D’Mart Ready sustains competitive advantage
- Supreme Court dismisses plea seeking directions for implementation of internet shutdown guidelines
- Raje credits PM Modi for BJP's victory in Rajasthan, MP & Chhattisgarh
- Arunachal has huge hydropower potential, it can be game-changer for revenue-starved state: CM
- US asks Israel not to respond to attacks from Iran-backed Houthis
- WTT Star Contender Goa 2024 to take place from January 23 to 28
- CBI arrests Delhi Police Head Constable in graft case
Rs 2L stolen from laddu counter at Tirumala
Much to the shock and surprise of TTD authorities, an amount of Rs 2 lakh was stolen from the laddu counters at the Laddu complex near the high security Tirumala temple, in the wee hours on Tuesday.
Tirumala: Much to the shock and surprise of TTD authorities, an amount of Rs 2 lakh was stolen from the laddu counters at the Laddu complex near the high security Tirumala temple, in the wee hours on Tuesday.
The staff at counter No. 36 after noticing the theft of cash, informed officials alerting the vigilance officials. The TTD vigilance officials immediately traced the culprit in the wee hours of Tuesday when they skimmed through the CCTV footage and identified the person who sneaked into the laddu counters leaving with the cash. Preliminary investigations revealed that the suspect was Seethapathi, a previous offender, involved in such a theft at Tirumala. The TTD vigilance department lodged a complaint with Tirumala police who registered a case. Based on the CCTV footage, police launched a loo out for the suspect who was still at large when reports last came in. Meanwhile, in a press release, the TTD said that the laddu counter staff Rajakishore is working under TTD's Lakshmi Srinivasa Manpower Corporation (for non-permanent employees) and he was posted at Tirumala to work in the laddu counter for distribution of laddus to devotees, one month back.
He slept in the counter along with the cash collected through the sale of laddus, leading to the theft. After waking up, he found that the cash was missing and informed the vigilance personnel at the laddu complex alerting the authorities. The incident which came after the viral drone visuals of Tirumala, created flutter and revealed the laxity in the security vigilance set up in the high security Tirumala.