- Veer Savarkar Portrait Controversy
- PL Sector Report: Retail - Sector Update – D’Mart Ready sustains competitive advantage
- Supreme Court dismisses plea seeking directions for implementation of internet shutdown guidelines
- Raje credits PM Modi for BJP's victory in Rajasthan, MP & Chhattisgarh
- Arunachal has huge hydropower potential, it can be game-changer for revenue-starved state: CM
- US asks Israel not to respond to attacks from Iran-backed Houthis
- WTT Star Contender Goa 2024 to take place from January 23 to 28
- CBI arrests Delhi Police Head Constable in graft case
- Legends League Cricket to conduct internal probe in incident involving Gambhir, Sreesanth
- 2 Indian women-led AI startups receive cash grant, mentorship support from Google
Fire breaks out on Bangalore, Howrah Express at Chittoor
A fire broke out in the coach of the Bangalore-Howrah Express train at Kuppam in Chittoor district on Sunday.
Tirupati: A fire broke out in the coach of the Bangalore-Howrah Express train at Kuppam in Chittoor district on Sunday.
The incident came to the fore when the train manager noticed smoke coming out from one of the coaches at about 12:50 in the afternoon.
As per standard procedure, the train was stopped at Kuppam station to check for any accidents.
Upon checking it was found that there has been brake binding and smoke had come due to friction of the brake block.
The passengers were made to deboard following the incident. The fire has been doused. No casualties have been reported.