- Poll panel to visit Telangana from Oct 3
- Rebel trouble delays Cong list: Entry of leaders from BRS, BJP upset equations in few seats
- Odisha Speaker suspends two BJP lawmakers who flung pulses in house
- Men’s ODI World Cup: New seats, rebranded restrooms at the forefront of upgrades in Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Study finds link between Covid-19 mutations and high immune responses
- Creatine supplements may help people with long Covid
- Delhi: 78th train departs for Ayodhya under Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra scheme
- CDIL’s new packaging line in Mohali another push to India’s chip journey: MoS IT
- 2 BJP MLAs throw pulses at Odisha Speaker, suspended till end of session
- Asian Games: Indian men's football team bow out in pre-quarters after 0-2 loss to Saudi Arabia
Minor gang-raped by three under influence of ganja
Locals allege that there are many laws for women but there is no security for women in the State
Hyderabad: In shocking and heinous act, a 16-year-old girl was gang-raped by three people. The girl from Lal Bazar, Hyderabad, had come to a colony in Meerpet 15 days ago with her brother as her parents had died earlier and was taking shelter with her elder sister, a close relative.
The girl works in a garment shop in Dilsukhnagar for a living. The younger brother is working on making flexis. At 9 am on Monday, when the girl was in the house with her brother and three other children, the eight accused barged into the house at once. Four of the group, who were already under the influence of ganja, put a knife on the girl's neck.
After that, they took her to the third floor of the building and threatened the girl who was there along with her younger brother. Three of the accused threatened the girl with a knife and raped her one after the other.
The girl's relatives said that the girl ran away after screaming loudly. The victim's sister came to know about the matter and approached the Mirpet police. A case has been registered and investigation is underway. Later, the girl was taken to Sakhi Center for medical examination.
But in this case, the victim's brother says that Tyson, a rowdy sheeter from Mangalahat, who lives on the lower floor, is among the accused in the building where the girl lives. He explained to the police that two other accused would stay near their residence. The four people are under custody and are being interrogated by the police. Police are hunting for the others. However, this incident caused a stir locally.