- Odisha Speaker suspends two BJP lawmakers who flung pulses in house
- Men’s ODI World Cup: New seats, rebranded restrooms at the forefront of upgrades in Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Study finds link between Covid-19 mutations and high immune responses
- Creatine supplements may help people with long Covid
- Delhi: 78th train departs for Ayodhya under Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra scheme
- CDIL’s new packaging line in Mohali another push to India’s chip journey: MoS IT
- 2 BJP MLAs throw pulses at Odisha Speaker, suspended till end of session
- Asian Games: Indian men's football team bow out in pre-quarters after 0-2 loss to Saudi Arabia
- Lalu Prasad supports Manoj Jha over ‘Thakur’ poem controversy
- Ujjain minor girl rape case: Main accused arrested; tries to flee
Hyderabad: President Droupadi Murmu to attend anniversary celebrations of Alluri Sitaramaraju on July 4
The Union Government had commenced year-long celebrations last year to pay tribute to Alluri Sitarama Raju‘s contribution to the freedom struggle
Hyderabad: The first citizen of India Droupadi Murmu is slated to attend the concluding event of125th birth anniversary celebrations of revolutionary freedom fighter Alluri Sitarama Raju in Hyderabad on July 4 as the chief guest said Kshatriya Seva Samithi in a release.
It is to mention here that the Union Government had commenced year-long celebrations last year to pay tribute to Alluri Sitarama Raju‘s contribution to the freedom struggle.
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a 30-feet high bronze statue of the revolutionary freedom fighter in Bheemavaram on July 4 in 2022.
Alluri Sitarama Raju was born on July 4, 1897, in Pandrangi village of Vizianagaram district in Andhra Pradesh. He was a tribal leader who fought against British colonial rule. He led the Rampa Rebellion, which was a major uprising against the British in the 1920s.