- Retired Tamil Nadu professor to walk on foot for clean electoral system
- IIT-K chosen as nodal institute for Phase 4 of Yuva Sangam
- Shehbaz Sharif - the only Pak politician to be elected PM for second consecutive term
- KCR meets Karimnagar and Peddapalli leaders, finalises Lok Sabha candidates
- SSC students may download Hall-tickets from Monday
- Covid virus persists in ear for a month post infection: Study
- Calcutta High Court judge Abhijit Gangopadhyay to resign
- Ship sunk by Houthis threatens Red Sea environment, Yemen government and US military say
- 29 killed, 50 injured due to heavy rains in Pakistan
- Emily Blunt reveals Christopher Nolan 'loves to gossip'
Two Men Allegedly Accused Of Rape Shot By Police In Chennai While Trying o flee
- On Saturday night in Sriperumbudur, police opened fire on two males who were reportedly involved in over 20 crimes, including rape, robbery, and burglary.
- The two, according to the police, were responsible for last month's rape and kidnapping of a 20-year-old lady.
On Saturday night in Sriperumbudur, police opened fire on two males who were reportedly involved in over 20 crimes, including rape, robbery, and burglary. The two, according to the police, were responsible for last month's rape and kidnapping of a 20-year-old lady. One of the suspects was shot in the right knee, and the other was hit in the ankle while attempting to flee.
The police officer explained that they tried to chase and corner them but the accused and in the meantime they tried to attack the police and fee. On December 11, the suspects, P Nagaraj (31) and S Prakash (31) of Gummidipoondi, abducted and sexually assaulted a woman. While looking for them, the Sriperumbudur police discovered them camped out at Chembarambakkam.
Nagaraj was shot in the right knee by a police officer on the team, while Prakash stumbled and broke his ankle while trying to run away. Both were detained by the police, who then sent them to the public Kancheepuram hospital.
Kancheepuram SP M Sudhakar said that the pair frequently prowled around Sriperumbudur, focusing on women strolling alone at night. Before robbing them, they sexually assaulted and kidnapped them. The suspects' pistol and ammunition were reportedly taken by the police.