- Mumbai airport to shut for post-monsoon runway repairs on Oct 17
- New study reveals 11 gene mutations linked to aggressive prostate cancer
- Global mpox spread continues at in China, Thailand: WHO
- Mumbai Trans Harbour Link races to catch deadline, 96.60% complete
- After Netflix & Disney+, Amazon announces 'ad-free' option for Prime Video
- Asian Games: India off to winning start in Table Tennis, men win both matches, women overcome Singapore 3-2
- Kejriwal approves Rs 1cr honorarium to families of 17 corona warriors who lost their lives
- Lulu Group interested in investing in fish, meat processing in Bengal: Mamata
- Sanon sisters to have a clash at box-office this Dussehra season
- ‘Rudram Kota’ movie review: A watchable village drama
Delhi under siege Support swells for Bharat Bandh
Trade unions, Oppn back farmers’ call for bandh tomorrow
New Delhi: The Congress, TRS, DMK and the AAP on Sunday joined other Opposition parties in extending support to the 'Bharat Bandh' on Tuesday called by farmer unions which have been protesting on Delhi's borders for the last 11 days demanding repeal of the Centre's new agri-marketing laws.
The Trinamool Congress, RJD and the Left parties, besides a joint platform of 10 central trade unions, had on Saturday backed the countrywide strike. Meanwhile, Actor Kamal Haasan's Makkal Needhi Maiam stated that it will take part in the ongoing farmers' protest. Issuing a statement, the party said that a 10-member team will reach Delhi soon to join the farmers who have been camping at various borders of the national capital seeking repeal of three farm laws enacted in September.