- Supreme Court dismisses plea seeking directions for implementation of internet shutdown guidelines
- Raje credits PM Modi for BJP's victory in Rajasthan, MP & Chhattisgarh
- Arunachal has huge hydropower potential, it can be game-changer for revenue-starved state: CM
- US asks Israel not to respond to attacks from Iran-backed Houthis
- WTT Star Contender Goa 2024 to take place from January 23 to 28
- CBI arrests Delhi Police Head Constable in graft case
- Legends League Cricket to conduct internal probe in incident involving Gambhir, Sreesanth
- 2 Indian women-led AI startups receive cash grant, mentorship support from Google
- Vasundhara's son Dushyant accused of lobbying among BJP's Rajasthan MLAs
- India’s EV market can touch $100 bn revenue by 2030 if key issues addressed: Report
Modern Father - One father, many versions
Happy Fathers Day 2021: Father's Day is a fairly newer concept when we compare it to the Mother's Day celebration.
Father's Day is a fairly newer concept when we compare it to the Mother's Day celebration. Father's Day gained acceptance following 1938 when Father's Day was founded in New York. Trends have been changing from the first Father's Day celebrated in 1910 in Washington, US till to this day. Fathers now are no longer always the conventional marital breadwinner and disciplinarian in the family.
The very dictionary meaning has changed; fathers are now popularly known as a dad, daddy, papa can be a single parent and at times unmarried and a capable caregiver. The changing role of the modern-day father is influenced in the more recent decades as the economic responsibility of women has greatly impacted the family fabric. The inconceivable, taboo that was, now for many modern fathers changing a baby's nappy and bake a birthday cake is no big deal, research suggests. Many young fathers now want to see themselves as equal to the mums.
According to Dr. Machin "Dads have a particular role in the development of language, of pro-social skills such as empathizing, sharing and trust, of executive functions such as behavior inhibition and because they have this special role in the social sphere, they have a larger role in their child's mental health, than mums," she says.
A modern-day father can contribute to the overall children's health and wellbeing and can gladly take on household chores without a glitch.