- Odisha Speaker suspends two BJP lawmakers who flung pulses in house
- Men’s ODI World Cup: New seats, rebranded restrooms at the forefront of upgrades in Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Study finds link between Covid-19 mutations and high immune responses
- Creatine supplements may help people with long Covid
- Delhi: 78th train departs for Ayodhya under Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra scheme
- CDIL’s new packaging line in Mohali another push to India’s chip journey: MoS IT
- 2 BJP MLAs throw pulses at Odisha Speaker, suspended till end of session
- Asian Games: Indian men's football team bow out in pre-quarters after 0-2 loss to Saudi Arabia
- Lalu Prasad supports Manoj Jha over ‘Thakur’ poem controversy
- Ujjain minor girl rape case: Main accused arrested; tries to flee
23 new Sainik Schools approved in partnership mode
Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has approved the setting up of 23 new Sainik Schools in partnership mode.
New Delhi: Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has approved the setting up of 23 new Sainik Schools in partnership mode.
This will increase the number of Sainik Schools under partnership mode to 42 apart from the existing 33, the Ministry of Defence said on Saturday.
According to the Ministry, the Centre has approved the initiative of setting up of 100 new Sainik Schools in partnership with NGOs, private schools and state governments.
This initiative have started in a graded manner starting from Class 6 onwards.
Under this initiative, a Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) has been signed by Sainik Schools Society with 19 New Sainik Schools located all over the country.
The Ministry said the objective behind Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of setting up of 100 new Sainik Schools is to provide quality education to the students in tune with National Education Policy and give them better career opportunities, including joining the Armed Forces.
It also gives an opportunity to the private sector to work hand-in-hand with the government towards nation building by refining today’s youth to become responsible citizens of tomorrow.
These new schools, besides their affiliation to respective education boards, will function under the aegis of Sainik Schools Society.
They will follow the Rules and Regulations for new Sainik schools in partnership mode prescribed by the Society.
In addition to their regular affiliated board curriculum, they will also impart education of Academic PLUS curriculum to the students of Sainik school pattern.
Details pertaining to the modalities of operation of these schools are available at https://sainikschool.ncog.gov.in/.