- Second consecutive victory for the Telugu Talons as they edge past Golden Eagles Uttar Pradesh
- 21-year-old youth found dead inside car in Delhi
- Asmi Jain's work exemplifies Indian iOS developers' creativity: Tim Cook
- Army to procure high bandwidth backhaul wireless 'Tactical LAN Radio'
- ED raids 27 locations in Rajasthan in paper leak case
- CBI Creates Special Team To Look Into The Violence In Manipur
- Arvind Kejriwal moves Gujarat HC seeking review of its order on PM's degree
- Rupee rises 4 paise against US dollar
- BJP and Congress destroyed Singareni, flays CM KCR
- Implement employee-specific Cabinet decisions in 2 months: AP CM tells officials
Renowned film producer Anand Pandit presents Malayalam blockbuster ‘2018’ in Hindi
The Tovino Thomas starrer based on the Kerala floods will release across India on May 26
Anand Pandit, the prolific producer known for his pan-Indian productions across industries is now all set to bring the Hindi version of Malayalam blockbuster '2018' to the audience. Directed by Jude Anthany Joseph, this gripping tale based on actual events during the 2018 Kerala floods, features superstar Tovino Thomas along with Kunchacko Boban and Asif Ali. The film will be released in theatres nationwide on May 26, 2023.
Says Pandit,"'2018' is the highest-grossing film in the history of Malayalam cinema and has an IMDb rating of 8.9/10. It has earned over Rs 135 crores in just 13 days but most importantly, it is a story about human resilience and powerfully depicts how important it is to come together and help each other in a crisis. I am presenting it in Hindi because I don't want cinephiles across India to miss out on a chance to watch a film as exceptional as this."
Set against the backdrop of the catastrophic 2018 Kerala floods, this story digs deep into the lives of individuals from different backgrounds who rally around each other and join hands to survive a devastating calamity together. The film portrays the collaborative efforts of these brave hearts as they navigate through the floods and display relentless hope in the face of adversity.
Anand Pandit, renowned for his commitment to delivering outstanding cinematic experiences, says the Indian film industry is now in an interesting phase where great content is not limited to just one language or region. He adds, "A film like '2018' belongs to all of us because at some level, it is the story of all of us. I have no doubt that it will leave a lasting impact on the audience."
'2018' is produced by Venu Kunnappilly, C K Padma Kumar and Anto Joseph.