- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Zydus gets USFDA nod to market generic medication
Zydus Lifesciences on Wednesday said it has received approval from the US health regulator to market a generic product to treat a rare blood condition.
New Delhi: Zydus Lifesciences on Wednesday said it has received approval from the US health regulator to market a generic product to treat a rare blood condition.
The company has received final approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) to manufacture and market Methylene Blue injection in strengths of 10mg/2ml and 50mg/5ml, the drug firm said in a statement. Zydus' product is the generic version of ProvayBlue injection.
The majority of current market usage is still on the ampoule presentation whereas Zydus is offering a generic version of Methylene Blue injection in vial presentation, the company stated. From a hospital perspective, a vial presentation is an affordable option with significant benefits and advantages, it added.
Methylene Blue injection is an oxidation-reduction agent indicated for the treatment of pediatric and adult patients with acquired methemoglobinemia. As per IQVIA MAT data, Methylene Blue injection (10mg/2ml and 50mg/5ml) had an annual sale of around USD 73.4 million in the US.