- Researchers find brain’s blue spot linked to sleep, memory
- Doctor dies in accident in Bhubaneswar
- UK expert warns of pandemic worse than Covid in new book
- Rahul not sure of winning Telangana Assembly elections
- Telangana's Agriculture Sector Success Story to be showcased at the Norman E Borlaug International Dialogue in the USA
- Drop cases against youth who protested demanding jobs in Tangedco: EPS
- Mallampally New Mandal Gazette Notification Issuance
- US prepares for potential government shutdown
- Hyderabad's Class 7 student earns PM Modi's praise
- 2nd ODI: Shubman Gill is touted to be the next big thing in World Cricket says Abhishek Nayar
LIC raises stake in SAIL to 8.6 percent
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has raised its stake in state-owned steel production firm SAIL by about 2 per cent through an open market...
LIC bought 8.26 crore shares or 2.001 per cent of equity capital at an average price of Rs 66.18 per unit, the insurer said in a regulatory filing.
The insurer bought the additional shares between October 14, 2022 and June 8, 2023 for about Rs 547 crore.
Following this, LIC's holding in Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) increased to 8.68 per cent, it said.
Prior to the acquisition, it held 6.68 per cent stake in the Maharatna firm.