- Raje credits PM Modi for BJP's victory in Rajasthan, MP & Chhattisgarh
- Arunachal has huge hydropower potential, it can be game-changer for revenue-starved state: CM
- US asks Israel not to respond to attacks from Iran-backed Houthis
- WTT Star Contender Goa 2024 to take place from January 23 to 28
- CBI arrests Delhi Police Head Constable in graft case
- Legends League Cricket to conduct internal probe in incident involving Gambhir, Sreesanth
- 2 Indian women-led AI startups receive cash grant, mentorship support from Google
- Vasundhara's son Dushyant accused of lobbying among BJP's Rajasthan MLAs
- India’s EV market can touch $100 bn revenue by 2030 if key issues addressed: Report
- YS Jagan extend best wishes to Telangana govt. congratulates CM Revanth and Dy. CM Bhatti
Kia all set to enter premium SUV segment: Kia's new EV9 is 2nd electric car
- The company has claimed that this new electric vehicle (EV) marks the 1st step in the company’s journey towards becoming a sustainable mobility solution provider.
- South Korean automobile manufacturer has revealed its first three-row electric flagship sports utility vehicle (SUV) EV9.
New design era
The new EV9 marks the beginning of the company's new design era as it progresses with its ambitious "plan 5" strategy to launch 13 new EV's by 2027. This vehicle BMW and Mercedes-Benz.
The Karim Habib, Executive Vice President and Head of Kia Global Design Center, in a statement, said that the Kia EV9 aims to redefine standards for design, connectivity, usability and environmental responsibility. The Kia EV9 provides customers an exceptionally high-quality proposition and a fresh EV perspective in the family SUV sector. This new vehicle typology offers instinctive experiences and excellent comfort for not just the driver, but all occupants, through innovative use of space, technology and design.
The front of the EV9 features simple clear-cut lines and body surfaces along with a "Digital Pattern Lighting Grille" Vertical headlamps and EV9's signature "Digital Tiger Face". The new electric SUV also features "Star Map LED daytime running lights (DRL), which features an animated lighting pattern, which will denote Kia's Digital Tiger Face for the brand's future EV models.
The side profile of the EV9 combines a very strong and also indisputable SUV identity with aerodynamic efficiency. It does feature dynamic triangular fender structures, geometric wheel arches, flush door handles and a tapered back roofline. At the rear of the vehicle, the tailgate receives detailed slim rear lights, which mirror the design of those at the front.
Kia stated that, its designers have prioritized space, comfort and technology for all passengers, in their flagship SUV. Built on Kia's Electric Global Modular Platform (E-GMP), the EV9 features a long wheelbase and completely flat electric vehicle architecture to offer maximum space for all occupants in all three rows of seats.
The EV9's inside comes with a simple and also user friendly design, it does features a floating panoramic dashboard, two 12.3 inch towards screens, one 5 inch segment display and physical buttons to control the vehicle's functions.
The centre console is equipped with a spacious compartment located at its base. The EV9 also comes with touch buttons for start/stop function along with AVNT and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) control