- The Road cum Rail bridge will be closed for a month from 27 for repairs
- Executive Education: Paving the way for future
- Municipal out sourcing staff and workers give a petition to MLA Abraham
- PM Modi praises German singer Cassandra Mae Spittmann for her melodic voice
- Asian Games: Mighty Japan end Indian men's hopes of winning a volleyball medal
- 'I want euthanasia', says visually-challenged ex-DU teacher after losing job
- Manipur CM holds meeting to discuss fencing on stretches of India-Myanmar borders
- 2nd ODI: Gill and Iyer centuries; Suryakumar and Rahul fifties propel India to mammoth 399/5 against Australia
- 80 per cent cybercrimes from 10 districts; Bharatpur new Jamtara: Study
- 6th Edition of Japan Day - Japan Career Fair and 1st edition of Japan Week 2023 concluded at IIT Hyderabad
Vizianagaram: Tribal woman is carried during night to reach hospital
S.kota(Vizianagaram): Reaching hospital from hilltop villages became a big task in the agency areas of Vizianagaram district. Generally they depend...
S.kota(Vizianagaram): Reaching hospital from hilltop villages became a big task in the agency areas of Vizianagaram district. Generally they depend upon Dolis, which are carried by humans. A pregnant tribal woman on Saturday night in deep dark was carried by Doli through deep forests, hills and narrow gorges, streams. They are forced to use torch lights and mobile phones to search the way.
R.Lakshmi of Pallapuguda village at hilltop Daraparthi Panchayat in S.Kota Mandal, Vizianagaram district was receiving labour pains in the evening of Saturday where there is no transport facility. Their only option is to reach the hospital either by walk or, by Doli. Actually, the locals were about to celebrate Deepavali with their families but the emergency situation raised by Lakshmi has forced them to walk to a road to catch auto rickshaw.
They started walking at 7 PM and after nine kilometres of a walk for two hours, they reached Dabbaguda, a roadside village. Anyhow later they got an auto rickshaw and reached the area hospital at S.Kota. Later she gave birth to a girl child in the night. The tribes are requesting the governments to lay road facility to their habilitations but as of now, their dream remains daydream.