- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Visakhapatnam Airport made operational 24/7 for two days
Visakhapatnam Airport runway is accessible 24/7 for any emergency landing.As dark clouds continue to hover the sky on Tuesday under the influence of...
Visakhapatnam Airport runway is accessible 24/7 for any emergency landing.
As dark clouds continue to hover the sky on Tuesday under the influence of cyclone Michaung, the runway at Visakhapatnam airport is made available for emergency landing and diversions if any.
It may be recalled that the airport has been carrying out runway resurfacing works as scheduled earlier from November 16. Following which, the flight services from 9 pm to 8 am were suspended.
Visakhapatnam-Kirandul-Visakhapatnam For the past couple of days, several train and flight services in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Tamil Nadu have been disrupted due to the Michaung cyclone. In Visakhapatnam, all IndiGo flight services have been withdrawn on December 4 and 5 due to inclement weather.
Keeping the severity of the cyclone in view, the Visakhapatnam Airport is made operational on December 4 and 5 in order to meet any diversion or emergency flight landing, informed S. Raja Reddy, Visakhapatnam Airport Director.
Once the weather conditions improve, the runway resurfacing work will be resumed at the airport.