- Grand opening of Interwood’s 16th Exclusive Brand outlet at Hyderabad
- Rakesh Sharma Director of ITV Group elected as new president of INS
- Asian Games: India stun Korea for historic maiden entry in men's team badminton final
- Asian Games: India thrash Pakistan 10-2, hand archrivals biggest defeat ever
- Hockey Association of Odisha beat Hockey Jharkhand in Sub-Junior men, women finals
- Day after alleged manhandling, model turned actress Archana Gautam suspended from Congress
- Asian Games: Indian Men's Hockey Team stuns Pakistan, picks dominant 10-2 win
- Foreign intelligence agency involved in terror incidents in Pak, claims Minister
- Tribal party sponsored 12-hour bandh hits normal life in Tripura’s tribal areas
- US misses the 'bigger picture' on row with Canada, says Jaishankar
Two killed when lorry hits auto in Vizianagaram
Two persons are killed in the wee hours of Saturday when a speedy lorry hits an auto rickshaw.
Seethanagaram (Vizianagaram): Two persons are killed in the wee hours of Saturday when a speedy lorry hits an auto rickshaw. An auto rickshaw with 9 passengers is coming to Bibbili town from Parvathipuram in Vizianagaram district on Saturday. When the auto reached Lacchayyapeta sugar factory, a speedy lorry rushed from opposition direction and hit the auto.
K.Ramu, aged 50 years, the driver of the auto and V.Sai Pradeep, an engineering student of Tandra Paparaya engineering college were killed on the spot. Two more women of Seethanagaram village are seriously injured.
On receipt of information, police rushed to the spot, undertaken rescue operations. Injured were shifted to Bobbili government hospital. Case is booked.