- Armed Forces Flag Day 2023: History, celebrations and how to contribute
- SAT sets aside SEBI order restraining IIFL Securities from taking new clients
- PL Stock Report: NOCIL (NOCIL IN) - Company Update – Near term challenges persist - Downgrade to 'Reduce'
- International Civil Aviation Day 2023: Date, theme, history and meaning
- Richa & Ali’s ‘Girls will be Girls’ to Premiere at Sundance 2024!
- From Karan Kundrra to Tinna Datta, Munawar Faruqui receives star-studded support in Bigg Boss 17
- Five producers who created cinematic waves in 2023
- Veer Savarkar Portrait Controversy
- PL Sector Report: Retail - Sector Update – D’Mart Ready sustains competitive advantage
- Supreme Court dismisses plea seeking directions for implementation of internet shutdown guidelines
Turpu Kapus claim credit over MLC win
Srikakulam: Turpu Kapu caste leaders claimed credit over winning of Uttarandhra graduates constituency MLC seat by the TDP candidate, V Chiranjeevi...
In Srikakulam, Turpu Kapu caste leaders expected MLC seat from local bodies' quota but it was allotted to Yadava community leader, Narthu Rama Rao. Since then Turpu Kapu leaders express their dissent against the ruling YSRCP. Opposition TDP cashed the dissent of Turpu Kapus and elevated V Chiranjeevi Rao as the candidate for MLC who is also belongs to TurpuKapu caste. Leaders belonging to Turpu Kapu caste within the ruling YSRCP and Jana Sena party supported the TDP candidate to teach a lesson to YSRCP in MLC elections. TDP candidate, V Chiranjeevi Rao won over YSRCP candidate S Sudhakar with 27,208 votes' majority.