- Raje credits PM Modi for BJP's victory in Rajasthan, MP & Chhattisgarh
- Arunachal has huge hydropower potential, it can be game-changer for revenue-starved state: CM
- US asks Israel not to respond to attacks from Iran-backed Houthis
- WTT Star Contender Goa 2024 to take place from January 23 to 28
- CBI arrests Delhi Police Head Constable in graft case
- Legends League Cricket to conduct internal probe in incident involving Gambhir, Sreesanth
- 2 Indian women-led AI startups receive cash grant, mentorship support from Google
- Vasundhara's son Dushyant accused of lobbying among BJP's Rajasthan MLAs
- India’s EV market can touch $100 bn revenue by 2030 if key issues addressed: Report
- YS Jagan extend best wishes to Telangana govt. congratulates CM Revanth and Dy. CM Bhatti
Minor girl gang raped by five youth in Konaseema
The shocking incidents occurred on February 6 but it came into the limelight belatedly
A 17-year- old girl was gang-raped by five persons in Katrenukona mandal of Dr. BR. Ambedkar Konaseema district. The shocking incidents occurred on February 6 but it came into the limelight belatedly. The parents of the girl lodged a complaint in the Katrenikona police station and they are investigating the case.
According police sources, when the girl was going to bring drinking wate five persons detained her and raped her. District Superintendent of Police Ch. Sudheer Kumar Reddy directed the officials to nab the culprits and take stringent action against them.
Amalapuram DSP Y. Madhav Reddy told "The Hans India" that the parents lodged the complaint the previous night and they have started the investigation and identified the culprits. The police registered a case under various sections of the Indian Penal Code, Protection of Children from Sexual Offence (POCSO) Act.