- Second consecutive victory for the Telugu Talons as they edge past Golden Eagles Uttar Pradesh
- 21-year-old youth found dead inside car in Delhi
- Asmi Jain's work exemplifies Indian iOS developers' creativity: Tim Cook
- Army to procure high bandwidth backhaul wireless 'Tactical LAN Radio'
- ED raids 27 locations in Rajasthan in paper leak case
- CBI Creates Special Team To Look Into The Violence In Manipur
- Arvind Kejriwal moves Gujarat HC seeking review of its order on PM's degree
- Rupee rises 4 paise against US dollar
- BJP and Congress destroyed Singareni, flays CM KCR
- Implement employee-specific Cabinet decisions in 2 months: AP CM tells officials
Minor girl gang raped by five youth in Konaseema
The shocking incidents occurred on February 6 but it came into the limelight belatedly
A 17-year- old girl was gang-raped by five persons in Katrenukona mandal of Dr. BR. Ambedkar Konaseema district. The shocking incidents occurred on February 6 but it came into the limelight belatedly. The parents of the girl lodged a complaint in the Katrenikona police station and they are investigating the case.
According police sources, when the girl was going to bring drinking wate five persons detained her and raped her. District Superintendent of Police Ch. Sudheer Kumar Reddy directed the officials to nab the culprits and take stringent action against them.
Amalapuram DSP Y. Madhav Reddy told "The Hans India" that the parents lodged the complaint the previous night and they have started the investigation and identified the culprits. The police registered a case under various sections of the Indian Penal Code, Protection of Children from Sexual Offence (POCSO) Act.