- Kamal Haasan wishes Mani Ratnam on his b'day; calls him ‘doyen of Indian cinema’
- OTT releases to watch for in June, 2023
- State government ignores Governor on Telangana Formation Day celebrations
- Eye drops slow nearsightedness progression in kids: Study
- A unique amalgamation of sport and fashion
- RTC drivers love their profession and work with commitment: Sajjanar
- ‘Neela Nannila’ is a lovely melody from “7:11 PM”
- This film will break boundaries that both ‘Baahubali’ and ‘RRR’ haven’t done: Rana Daggubati
- Guntur Kaaram glimpse sets all-time record
- Here is the spicy update of Mega duo’s Bro
Literary meet on Tarigonda Vengamamba begins
The 205th death anniversary of poetess Matrusri Tarigonda Vengamamba, an ardent devotee of Lord Venkateswara, observed at Annamacharya Kala Mandiram here on Friday.
Tirupati: The 205th death anniversary of poetess Matrusri Tarigonda Vengamamba, an ardent devotee of Lord Venkateswara, observed at Annamacharya Kala Mandiram here on Friday.
The two-day death anniversary which is being organised by the Tarigonda Vengamamba project of TTD included a literary conference on Vengamamba literature. Presiding over the conference, Acharya Anumandla Bhumaiah, former Vice Chancellor of Potti Sriramulu Telugu University, said that the Venkatachala Mahatyam written in Telugu by Vebgamamba narrates the Srivari Kalyana event in a simple but colourful manner.
Annamaiah displayed his Bhakti through Sankeertans, Vengamamba devoted her life in Srivari services in various forms through her poems, ballads and Yakshaganas, he said. Acharya Kattamanchi Mahalakshmi said Tarigonda Vengamamba had penned 5 volumes at Tarigonda and 13 at Tirumala which included ballads,
yakshaganam, sankeetans,stotras, etc.in praise of Lord Venkateswara. Earlier, Lakshmi Rajyam troupe led by Lavanya Kumariteam performed a sangeet concert. Thereafter the pandits who participated in the
Sahitya sadassu were felicitated with shawls and Srivari Prasadam. Later in the evening cultural programmes were conducted by Annamacharya project artist Madhusudhan Rao and troupe Tarigonda Vengamamba coordinator Dr C Lata and other officials were present.