- Grand opening of Interwood’s 16th Exclusive Brand outlet at Hyderabad
- Rakesh Sharma Director of ITV Group elected as new president of INS
- Asian Games: India stun Korea for historic maiden entry in men's team badminton final
- Asian Games: India thrash Pakistan 10-2, hand archrivals biggest defeat ever
- Hockey Association of Odisha beat Hockey Jharkhand in Sub-Junior men, women finals
- Day after alleged manhandling, model turned actress Archana Gautam suspended from Congress
- Asian Games: Indian Men's Hockey Team stuns Pakistan, picks dominant 10-2 win
- Foreign intelligence agency involved in terror incidents in Pak, claims Minister
- Tribal party sponsored 12-hour bandh hits normal life in Tripura’s tribal areas
- US misses the 'bigger picture' on row with Canada, says Jaishankar
Four dead and three injured in a lightening strike in Eluru
Four labourers were killed and three others injured in a lightning strike in Bogolu of Lingapalem mandal on Tuesday night.
In a tragic incident that took place in Eluru district of Andhra Pradesh four labourers were killed and three others injured in a lightning strike in Bogolu of Lingapalem mandal on Tuesday night. The injured have been shifted to a hospital in Vijayawada and are being treated.
It is learned that the thunderbolt fell on the labourers while removing the trees. The deceased were Kondababu (35), Dharmaraju (20), Raju (25) and Venu (18). The four bodies were shifted to the Eluru Government Hospital for postmortem.
The labourers had come to work in a garden and are living under the tents set up there.