- Grand opening of Interwood’s 16th Exclusive Brand outlet at Hyderabad
- Rakesh Sharma Director of ITV Group elected as new president of INS
- Asian Games: India stun Korea for historic maiden entry in men's team badminton final
- Asian Games: India thrash Pakistan 10-2, hand archrivals biggest defeat ever
- Hockey Association of Odisha beat Hockey Jharkhand in Sub-Junior men, women finals
- Day after alleged manhandling, model turned actress Archana Gautam suspended from Congress
- Asian Games: Indian Men's Hockey Team stuns Pakistan, picks dominant 10-2 win
- Foreign intelligence agency involved in terror incidents in Pak, claims Minister
- Tribal party sponsored 12-hour bandh hits normal life in Tripura’s tribal areas
- US misses the 'bigger picture' on row with Canada, says Jaishankar
ACB arrests Sub-Treasury Officer in Vizianagaram while accepting bribe
The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) arrested A.P. Govindaraju, who is working as a Sub-Treasury Officer at Rajam while accepting a bribe of Rs 10,000 from an agriculture extension officer for processing the official bills on Monday.
Vizianagaram: The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) arrested A.P. Govindaraju, who is working as a Sub-Treasury Officer at Rajam while accepting a bribe of Rs 10,000 from an agriculture extension officer for processing the official bills on Monday.
ACB DSP BVSS Ramanamurthy said that R.Syamala, working as an agriculture extension officer in Santakaviti Mandal has applied for bills like earned leaves, half-pay leaves, increment arrears and pending salary at Rajam Sub-Treasury Office. She approached Sub-Treasury Officer A.P. Govindaraju for sanctioning the bills. However, STO Govindaraju has demanded Rs 10,000 as a bribe to complete the official work. Therefore, agriculture extension officer Syamala approached ACB about the bribe.
After verifying the facts, ACB DSP BVSS Ramanamurthy along with his team laid a trap and caught him red-handed along with the cash of Rs 10,000 at his office in Rajam on Monday. "The STO was arrested and being produced before ACB Court at Visakhapatnam," said BVSS Ramanamurthy.