- 2nd ODI: Gill and Iyer centuries; Suryakumar and Rahul fifties propel India to mammoth 399/5 against Australia
- 80 per cent cybercrimes from 10 districts; Bharatpur new Jamtara: Study
- 6th Edition of Japan Day - Japan Career Fair and 1st edition of Japan Week 2023 concluded at IIT Hyderabad
- NASA's first asteroid samples streaking toward Earth after release from spacecraft
- One big holiday a year was pre-pandemic thing, tourists now prefer multiple breaks: Fortune Hotels MD Samir MC By Manik Gupta
- Former PM Deve Gowda's grandson Nikhil meets Yediyurappa
- Govt considers giving financial creditor status to insurers issuing surety bond during resolution
- Probably winning Telangana, certainly winning MP, Chhattisgarh, 'very close' in Rajasthan: Rahul
- 18-year-old lioness dies of heart attack due to old age in Vizag Zoo
- Researchers find brain’s blue spot linked to sleep, memory
800 devotees take part in mass aralakshmi Vratam
On the auspicious occasion of second Friday of Sravana Masam, the authorities of Srisailam temple have organised mass Varalakshmi Vratams on the temple premises.
Srisailam (Nandyal): On the auspicious occasion of second Friday of Sravana Masam, the authorities of Srisailam temple have organised mass Varalakshmi Vratams on the temple premises. The authorities stated that the mass vrathams have been organised at Chandravathi Kalyana mandapam located on the opposite side of Uttara Dwaram. The authorities said that more than 800 devotees have participated in the vratams.
The temple has supplied necessary puja materials required for vrathams free of cost. Prior to organising vratams, maha ganapathi puja was performed. Later shodashopachara puja was performed to swami amma varu.
As part of Varalakshmi Vratam, the devotees made individual kalasa sthapana and following Srisukthi procedure, Shodashopachara pooja was performed to Varalakshmi Devi as per vratha kalpa. After performing neerajanam mantra pushpam, the vratam was concluded. Later the women participated in the vratham offered sesha vastrams like jacket piece, flowers, bangles, srisaila prabha monthly magazine and prasadam.
The women devotees were also presented with kailasa kankanam to wear. The women devotees were also allowed to have darshan of the presiding deities. After allowing darshanam, the authorities have arranged anna prasadam to all the devotees.
President of the board of trustees Reddyvari Chakrapani Reddy, Executive Officer (EO) S Lavanna and others participated in the mass Varalakshmi Vratham. Similarly scores of devotees also participated at the mass vrathams organised at Chowdeshwari Devi temple at Banaganapalle.